The final chapter of college football is in the books. It’s been a pretty wild year and there is a lot to discuss.
- Nick Saban is now one of the top two college football coaches of all-time and (arguably) the greatest ever. He won his fifth national championship in an era that is more difficult to play in that his predecessors. The scholarship limits, additional games, conference expansion, and recruiting balance makes this achievement all the more impressive.
- Deshaun Watson became the first player in college football history to throw for over 4,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards in a single season. He’s got some serious ability and will be considered one of the top players in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Laremy Tunsil caught a touchdown pass.
- Christian McCaffrey would have stolen a few more Heisman votes if he played someplace that kicked off before 11 p.m (CT).
- I can’t wait for 2016.
Levi’s Top 10 for 2016-2017
- Clemson Tigers: The Tigers will return Deshaun Watson and a load of talented players from a team that lost in the CFB Playoff finale 45-40.
- Oklahoma Sooners: Baker Mayfield is back and that’s really pivotal for the Sooners. The losses on defense are going to hurt, but I think the team is poised for another playoff run.
- Alabama Crimson Tide: The Crimson Tide are the defending champions and will return plenty of talent. I’m a little worried that the number of graduations and departures to the NFL will be a little tougher to handle in the upcoming season. I will not, however, underestimate Lane’s ability to make any QB a good QB.
- Florida State Seminoles: Dalvin Cook, the most explosive player in college football.
- Michigan Wolverines: Jim Harbaugh in his second season will continue to build back Michigan football. Also, the possibility of the “jumpman” logo on the uniforms would be epic.
- Baylor Bears: The team can’t have as many injuries to their QB’s as they did this season.
- Stanford Cardinal: See McCaffrey, Christian.
- Houston Cougars: Greg Ward, Jr. is back and (shockingly) so is HC Tom Herman. The Cougars are recruiting well and they could get a shot at the CFB Playoff.
- LSU Tigers: Can Les get the offense fixed and the team back on track. They return plenty of players and the pressure is pretty immense.
- Tennessee Volunteers: The Volunteers, after being too young and inexperienced for about 12 years, are finally ready to win the SEC East. The talent is there and the experience is there. The Vols should have won more than nine games in 2015 and will need to close games much better this upcoming season.
Honorable Mention: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Ole Miss Rebels, Michigan State Spartans, Ohio State Buckeyes, and UCLA Bruins.
Too-Early Heisman Watch
- Deshaun Watson, Clemson
- Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
- Dalvin Cook, Florida State
- J.T. Barrett, Ohio State
- Greg Ward, Jr., Houston
- Seth Russell, Baylor
- Leonard Fournette, LSU
- Josh Rosen, UCLA
- Chad Kelly, Ole Miss
- JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC
Best Uniforms of 2015
Arizona State Sun Devils: Pat Tillman Edition
Ohio State Buckeyes: All-Black
Ole Miss Rebels: Throwback Road Uniform
Navy Midshipmen: Bowl Game Uniform (with custom helmets for each position group)
Michigan Wolverines: Throwback Road Uniform